Orange County is located in central Florida and is known for its picturesque landscapes, diverse communities, and vibrant cultural heritage. With a population of approximately 1.3 million residents, Orange County is the fifth most populous county in Florida and one of the largest metropolitan areas in the state. We will provide a comprehensive overview of the warrant search process in Orange County, including information on the court system, the role of the sheriff, and how individuals can access public records related to warrants.
Warrants in Orange County
A warrant is a legal document that authorizes law enforcement to make an arrest, search a property, or seize evidence. Warrants are issued by the court and must be based on probable cause, meaning there must be a reasonable belief that a crime has been committed and that the person named in the warrant committed the crime. In Orange County, warrants are issued by the local court system and executed by the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
Orange County Court System
The Orange County Court System consists of a Circuit Court and a County Court. The Circuit Court handles more severe and complex cases, such as felonies, while the County Court handles less severe cases, such as misdemeanors and traffic violations. Both courts are open to the public and are located in Orlando, Florida. The Circuit Court also has satellite locations in other cities throughout Orange County, including Apopka, Ocoee, and Winter Garden.
Police Stations across Orange County
- Orlando Intl Airport Police, 9323 Airport Blvd # B 1
- Windermere Police Department, 620 Main St 1
- Orlando Police Department, 6207 Pershing Ave 1
- Orlando Police Department, 100 S Hughey Ave 1
- Orange County Sheriff’s Office, PO BOX 1440 Orlando, FL 32802-1440. Non-emergency calls for service: (407)836-4357 2
- Northwest Orange County, 1111 North Rock Springs Road Apopka, Florida 32712. Contact: (407) 254-1001
- East Orange County, 11000 Lake Underhill Road Orlando, Florida 32825. Contact: (407) 254-4800
- West Orange County, 475 West Story Road Ocoee, Florida 34761. Contact: (407) 254-6801
- South Orange County, 2400 West 33rd Street Orlando, Florida 32839. Contact: (407) 836-3770
- Tourism Corridor, 6817 Westwood Boulevard Orlando, Florida 32821. Contact: (407) 351-9368
- Walt Disney World Area, 2700 Village Services Trail Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830. Contact: (407) 254-6900
- Orange County Criminal Div, 425 N Orange Ave # 250 1
Accessing Public Records
The Orange County Clerk of Court is responsible for maintaining public records, including records related to warrants. These records are open to the public and can be accessed in person at the Clerk of Court office or online through the Clerk of Court’s official website. The website provides access to a variety of public records, including criminal records, court records, and property records.
In addition to the Clerk of Court, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office also maintains records related to warrants and arrests. This information can be obtained by contacting the Sheriff’s Office directly or visiting the Sheriff’s Office website. The website provides information on current inmates, recent arrests, and outstanding warrants in Orange County.